3RD SINGAPORE SYMPOSIUM ON CASINO REGULATION AND CRIME
28 Nov 2013
The Criminal Investigation Department (CID) of the Singapore Police Force (SPF) and the Casino Regulatory Authority of Singapore (CRA) are jointly organising the 3rd Singapore Symposium on Casino Regulation & Crime on 28 and 29 November 2013 at the Police
2. The theme for this year’s biennial joint symposium, “Upping the Ante, Looking Out for Eastern Tides”, underscores the need for both agencies to foster greater collaboration not only with each other, but also their key strategic partners, in a collaborative
effort to tackle the challenges due to Asia’s changing casino gaming landscape.
3. Speakers from well-known law enforcement agencies and casino regulators in foreign jurisdictions such as Australia, Canada, Macao SAR – People’s Republic of China, Philippines, the United Kingdom and the United States, would be sharing their knowledge
and experience as well as conducting various workshops for the symposium participants. The focus of this year’s symposium lectures and workshops can be broadly grouped as follows:
a) Changes to Asia’s casino gaming landscape and legislation
b) Challenges of online gaming for regulators and law enforcers
c) Understanding and dealing with casino crimes
d) Responsible gaming efforts
e) Preventing money laundering in
the casino gaming context
4. Apart from the objective of providing a training platform for both foreign and local officers from the casino regulatory and enforcement agencies, the symposium also offers SPF and CRA an avenue to further enhance their working relationships with both
local and foreign counterparts while they trade experiences and gain insights from one another.
5. The SPF and CRA treasure the close partnerships, as well as the strong ties formed with their foreign counterparts. Such ties, developed over the years, are instrumental in helping SPF and CRA deter organised crime from taking roots in the casinos.
6. The Guest-of-Honour for the opening ceremony is Mr. S Iswaran, Minister in Prime Minister's Office and Second Minister for Home Affairs and Trade & Industry. More than 200 officers from the SPF, CRA and other foreign as well as local government agencies
are attending the symposium.
Singapore Police Force &
Casino Regulatory Authority of Singapore
28 November 2013